Global OTC Trading Hours and Holidays
Pre-Opening Session: 3:30 a.m. ET
- Limit orders can be entered and will be queued until the Limit Order Auction at 8 a.m. ET
Opening Session: 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET
- 7:59 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. ET - Opening Auction Freeze Period
- 8:00 a.m. ET - Opening Auction
- 9:29 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET - Market Order Auction Freeze Period
- 9:30 a.m. ET - Market Order Auction
Orders that are eligible for the Opening Auction may not be canceled one minute prior to the Opening Session until the conclusion of the Opening Auction.
Market Orders and Auction-Only Limit Orders may not be canceled. Market Orders and Auction-Only Limit. Orders may not be entered on the same side as an imbalance.
Core Trading Session: 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
- 3:59 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET - Closing Auction Freeze Period
- 4:00 p.m. ET - Closing Auction Run and Closing Price Disseminated. All Day Orders entered for the core session will be canceled
Market-on-Close (MOC) and Limit-on-Close (LOC) orders cannot be canceled. MOC and LOC orders may not be entered on the same side as an imbalance.
Extended Hours: 4:00 pm to 4:15 p.m. ET
- 4:15 p.m. ET - Limit Orders entered after 4:00 p.m. ET are canceled
Global OTC will observe U.S. holidays as listed below.
|New Years Day||Monday, January 1||Tuesday, January 1||Wednesday, January 1|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||Monday, January 15||Monday, January 21||Monday, January 20|
|Washington's Birthday||Monday, February 19||Monday, February 18||Monday, February 17|
|Good Friday||Friday, March 30||Friday, April 19||Friday, April 10|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 28||Monday, May 27||Monday, May 25|
|Independence Day||Wednesday, July 4**||Thursday, July 4**||Friday, July 3(July 4 Holiday Observed|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 3||Monday, September 2||Monday, September 7|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 22*||Thursday, November 28*||Thursday, November 26*|
|Christmas||Tuesday, December 25***||Wednesday, December 25***||Friday, December 25***|
*The market will close early at 1:00 p.m. ET on Friday, November 23, 2018, Friday, November November 29, 2019, and Friday November 27, 2020 (the day after Thanksgiving).
**The market will close early at 1:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, July 3, 2018, and Wednesday, July 3, 2019.
***The market will close early at 1:00 p.m. ET on Monday, December 24, 2018, Tuesday, December 24, 2019 and Thursday, December 24, 2020.