Global OTC Trading Hours and Holidays
Pre-Opening Session: 3:30 a.m. ET
- Limit orders can be entered and will be queued until the Limit Order Auction at 8 a.m. ET
Opening Session: 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET
- 7:59 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. ET - Opening Auction Freeze Period
- 8:00 a.m. ET - Opening Auction
- 9:29 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. ET - Market Order Auction Freeze Period
- 9:30 a.m. ET - Market Order Auction
Orders that are eligible for the Opening Auction may not be canceled one minute prior to the Opening Session until the conclusion of the Opening Auction.
Market Orders and Auction-Only Limit Orders may not be canceled. Market Orders and Auction-Only Limit. Orders may not be entered on the same side as an imbalance.
Core Trading Session: 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET
- 3:59 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. ET - Closing Auction Freeze Period
- 4:00 p.m. ET - Closing Auction Run and Closing Price Disseminated. All Day Orders entered for the core session will be canceled
Market-on-Close (MOC) and Limit-on-Close (LOC) orders cannot be canceled. MOC and LOC orders may not be entered on the same side as an imbalance.
Extended Hours: 4:00 pm to 4:15 p.m. ET
- 4:15 p.m. ET - Limit Orders entered after 4:00 p.m. ET are canceled
Global OTC will observe U.S. holidays as listed below.
|New Years Day||January 1 (Observed Monday, January 4)|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||January 16|
|Washington's Birthday||February 20|
|Good Friday||April 14|
|Memorial Day||May 29|
|Independence Day||July 4**|
|Labor Day||September 4|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 24*|
*The market will close early at 1:00 p.m. ET on Friday, November 24, 2017 (the day after Thanksgiving).
**The market will close early at 1:00 p.m. ET on Monday, July 3, 2017.